2017 Primary Care Symposium, Wellington, 15 November - Call for presenters / subject matter
Wed, 15 November 2017
The 2017 national Primary Care Symposium, jointly hosted by the Primary Health Alliance, Heart Foundation and Health promotion Agency will again be held at Te Papa in Wellington on Wednesday 15 November.
The continued theme is around sharing experiences and good practice from the front-line of primary health care across New Zealand. This event is 'for the sector, by the sector'.
Our symposium will seek to Excite, Inspire and put into Action, with the following objectives:
- To provide interactive and engaging discussions with delegates through plenary presentations, panel discussions and breakout group interactive sessions.
- To highlight and profile successful initiatives/innovations happening in primary health care.
- To offer an opportunity to network amongst key stakeholders and colleagues in the sector.
- To help address inequities in primary health care – offering practical advice and examples of how to improve the health and well being of all New Zealanders.
- To improve practice and outcomes – adopting new initiatives, ideas and integrating them into practice.
We are now seeking expressions of interest from front-line practitioners, facilitators or managers who have a local service example to share and discuss with colleagues from across the sector. We do not put presenters up as 'best practice' - we instead showcase them as examples of practice to prompt discussion and contributions from elsewhere so that everyone leaves each breakout session with something new to implement.
If you feel that you, your team or a colleague has something to present, we would love to hear from you. Please reply to this e-mail or contact any of the following organising committee members:
- Joanne Karl: email@example.com
- Philip Grant: firstname.lastname@example.org,nz
- Kim Arcus: email@example.com
- Tane Cassidy: firstname.lastname@example.org
All presenters will get priority delegate booking for the full symposium and access to the other breakout presentations during the day. Feedback from these events over the past few years has consistently rated the learning experience as good or excellent.
We look forward to hearing from you and thank you in advance of your support.