Infidelity, Affairs and Intimacy: How to work with crises of trust and respect, Auckland, 23 & 24 August
23 - 24 August 2017
Relationship Therapy Inc (RTI) are delighted to welcome our esteemed colleague Verity Thom to co-present
Infidelity, Affairs and Intimacy: How to work with crises of trust and respect
Dealing with the shock, hurt, anger, defensiveness and confusion around infidelity is one of the most challenging things to have in your therapy room.
In this dynamic and practical two-day workshop you will learn key assessment targets and straight-forward interventions that can settle your client(s) right down and give them the best possible chance to turn this crisis into growth, learning and deeper intimacy.
Verity and Nic have worked with thousands of couples and countless cases of infidelity. Boost your confidence as you learn from their hard-won experience what does and doesn’t work when the foundations of a relationship get rocked.
Topics covered will include:
- How to talk about and deal with trust issues
- Assessiing which of the many flavours and faces of infidelity you are dealing with
- Tailoring interventions to a person’s developmental level
- Helping both parties to have a realistic and deep understanding of how and why the infidelity happened
- Recognising and naming who is responsible for what – working with infidelity in the context of broader relationship dynamics
- What is and what isn’t a deal breaker
- Working with extreme emotional responses
- The impact on YOU of this issue – your views and history with infidelity and trust
Nic Beets and Verity Thom are partners in life and in their therapy practice, CoupleWork in Auckland. They are psychologists who specialise in couple, relationship and sex therapy. With over 25 and 35 years of clinical practice respectively, extensive training in the USA and having run many successful trainings all around New Zealand, they are recognised as leaders in the field.
Dates: 23 & 24 August 2017 Venue: Sorrento in the Park, One Tree Hill, Ak
Cost: Early bird price before 17 July: $494.50 incl GST After 17 July $529.00
Includes delicious Lunch, Morning and Afternoon Tea