Couples workshop based on Emotionally Focused Therapy. Refer your couples to this workshop to help them better understand the conflict patterns in their relationship, and how to create stronger connection. Alternatively attend yourself with your partner.
A relationship workshop for couples that combines education with experiential learning
Based on the book by Dr Sue Johnson, and the Emotionally Focused Therapy model for couples
Times: Friday 7.30pm - 9.00pm
Saturday 10.30am - 5.30pm
Sunday 9.30am - 4.30pm
Venue: Harmony Hall, 4 Wynyard St, Devonport
WHAT WILL WE LEARN ON THE WEEKEND THAT WILL HELP US?
- We will help you understand how you and your partner get caught in negative cycles of conflict or distance that cause hurt, anger and distress to both of you.
- We show you how you can keep your emotional balance at these times instead of getting caught.
- We can show you how to then come close and express yourself, listen and respond in a way that helps you build more connection.
- Having these kinds of conversations helps you to build a secure bond, creating space for lasting love, intimacy and romance.
WHAT CAN WE EXPECT TO HAPPEN ON THE HMT WEEKEND?
The course is divided into 7 sessions which includes an introduction and then a session for most of the conversations in the book .
Each session contains the following elements:
- Teaching theory and practice of loving conversations
- Video clips of real couples having the conversations
- Conversation exercises to do as a couple
- Some group discussion about the impact of the exercises
Therapists are available to support and facilitate the process with couples
WHAT PREVIOUS PARTICIPANTS SAY…
It provided us with a new framework for us to grow.It was time out of my usual life, and gave me a safe structure to examine my relationship.
Fantastic weekend – went away wishing we had done it 25 years ago.
I think that this weekend is the cornerstone of change for us – we are beyond grateful for all your support.
It made us feel normal . . . that we weren’t a lost cause.
Literally brought us closer, and created a safe environment to have some tricky conversations.Thank you so much, your work is so amazing and the benefit of having three professionals is a privilege A renewed sense of connection, desire to connect and I think, love rekindled!
Contact: Susan Harding, 0274502372, email@example.com, Clinical Psychologist, ICEEFT Certified EFT therapist & Supervisor candidate