Location: Hutt Hospital
Hours: 32 per week (0.8 FTE)
An opportunity has arisen in the Mental Health Service for older adults for a permanent Clinical Psychologist as part of an experienced multi-disciplinary team. Neuropsychology or older adult experience an advantage but not essential.
About the role
The Older Persons Mental Health service (OPMH) is primarily a community based service with access to six inpatient beds located at Hutt Hospital.
We provide specialist assessment, treatment and rehabilitation services for individuals presenting with recent onset functional mental health problems or dementia with significant behavioural and psychological symptoms (BPSD). A case management model is used alongside liaison services. We work in partnership with patients, whanau, General Practitioners, other clinical teams and community carers and supports to achieve the best possible health outcome for our patients.
We are seeking a highly motivated and preferably experienced Clinical Psychologist with an interest in older adults who values working in a high functioning, collegial, interdisciplinary team.
The role is 0.8 full-time equivalent but some negotiation of hours may possible.
As part of your role you will be expected to:
- provide treatment in a community setting of a broad range of diagnoses and often complex co-morbidities. Usually in private homes or facilities
- work together with other members of the multidisciplinary team
- participate in staff training and supervision, leadership and involvement in service development activities, and research and evaluation-related activities.
Skills and experience:
- Registration with NZ Psychologist Board, with Clinical Psychology Vocational Scope of Practice and hold a current practising certificate
- A sound knowledge of psychopathology, and psychological theories
- Experience in working with Inpatient and/or Community Older Adult MH Services and/or Neuropscyh experience (preferred but not essential)
- Current driver's licence
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply.
How to apply
Please note: We are unable to accept applications via email.
For further information on this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the vacancy number 113338-20 and job title in the subject line.