REFUGEE HEALTH AND WELLBEING
Your opportunity to be part of supporting people from refugee backgrounds as they arrive and settle in New Zealand
Refugees as Survivors New Zealand (RASNZ) is seeking a Clinician who is passionate about working in this dynamic area and contributing to the successful resettlement of newly arrived refugees in New Zealand.
RASNZ provides specialist mental health, assessment, treatment and referral services for all incoming United Nations Quota Refugees. RASNZ functions as a national resource for those involved with refugees, asylum seekers and victims of torture and severe trauma.
The clinical staff are part of a twofold team, one based at the unique Mangere Refugee Resettlement Centre, a one-stop-shop for refugee case planning and management and orientation prior to community resettlement. The other being a community based mobile team which provide psychological and psychosocial services to people from refugee backgrounds living in the Auckland area.
The work is challenging, varied and highly rewarding for those wishing to work in a diverse, multi-cultural environment as part of a committed and passionate team.
Position is 1 FTE and closes Friday 21st May 2021
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A high level of competence in the assessment and treatment of clients who have experienced trauma
- A background in working with culturally and linguistically diverse clients
- The ability to liaise and work with a range of organisations and agencies at the Resettlement Centre and in the community
- The confidence to participate in research, capacity building and training for staff from other agencies who work with refugee clients
- New Zealand professional body registration
- Experience with children and young people an advantage
- Cover letter
- Copy of NZ Registration
- Two referees
- Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa