HELP Auckland provides crisis intervention, advocacy, counselling and support to people who have experienced sexual assault, sexual abuse and rape.
We are looking for qualified counsellors, psychotherapists or social workers who are passionate, resilient and ready for a challenge, to join our all-women Crisis Team. We have more than one position available, so would love to hear from you!
Whilst our service is available 24/7, these positions will be rostered during the day between Monday – Friday. The role involves responding to calls on our Helpline from survivors and their friends or whanau, face to face short term sessions, supporting survivors through police and medical processes, and working collaboratively with police, medical staff, and other wrap around social services.
What you need:
• An NZQA approved qualification in the field of counselling, psychology, social work or psychotherapy or working towards one (Only applications with relevant qualifications will be considered)
• Experience working with or understanding of trauma (preferred but is training is provided)
• Membership/registration with a NZ professional counselling, psychotherapy or psychology governing body or working towards this.
• An articulate thinking around feminist philosophy.
• Commitment to Te Tiriti O Waitangi
• The ability to establish, maintain and build rapport with internal and external stakeholders.
• Excellent listening, problem-solving, communication, and strong advocacy skills
• An understanding of and ability to keep accurate client records, adapt to new technology and online database systems.
• A current driver’s license and own a legal vehicle available for work use.
What we provide:
• A continuous learning and development environment to enhance your skill set and advance your career.
• Ongoing training and PD
• A strong, supportive, and friendly close-knit team.
• Regular access to supervision and support.
If any or all the above applies to you, we would love to hear from you!
Please email HELP at email@example.com with your CV and cover letter
Application deadline: Monday 31st May 2021