- Leading Brain Injury Rehabilitation Provider
- Auckland (Ranui) / Kenepuru (Porirua) Location
- Personal & Professional Development
ABI Rehabilitation is the specialist provider of intensive brain injury rehabilitation for 85% of the population of New Zealand, serving 16 of the 20 DHBs. We have attained accreditation with CARF International, an international gold standard for person centred quality rehabilitation.
A position for a clinical psychologist has just become available in our in-patient intensive rehabilitation team at our Auckland and Wellington locations. This is an exciting opportunity to experience a varied post-acute caseload and contribute to key clinical areas including: neuropsychological assessment, mental health within the rehabilitation setting, emotional adjustment for clients and families and behavior management and. You will be working within an experienced, supportive and passionate intensive service inter-professional team.
The components of the role include:
Psychological intervention with clients
- Identifying by assessment areas of psychological performance requiring comprehensive psychological intervention.
- Formulating specific client-centered goals for cognitive/behavioral, social/emotional functioning based on assessment findings.
- Planning psychology interventions in accordance with evidence-based psychological practice and code of ethics, within interdisciplinary framework.
- To plan and facilitate discharge in liaison with relevant professional and community services facilities.
- Make use of validated Neuropsychological Assessment measures and methods to assess cognitive/behavioral functioning of clients.
- Identifying and administering those standardized test/s that would be appropriate for the client.
- Assessing challenging behaviors according to best practice guidelines and intervening as appropriate.
Provision of the psychological perspective within wider systems
- Playing an active role in staff and client/family education.
- Participate with client/family/whanau initial and ongoing education.
ABI Rehabilitation has a strong research base and has a formal MoU with AUT University, also working closely with three other Universities in New Zealand.
We can offer you excellent opportunities for professional development including regular peer reviews with the psychology team across ABI Services, formal supervision, and in-service training. Attendance and participation in national and international conferences/workshops is encouraged in order for ABI Rehabilitation to share clinical expertise with the wider brain injury rehabilitation community.
Candidates with a passion for working with clients and their families, within a post-acute interdisciplinary environment, and with a preferred minimum of two years’ experience working in relevant clinical areas would be highly valued. Post-graduate papers in Neuropsychology would also be an advantage.
For further enquiries regarding Auckland position please contact Shona Lees, Rehabilitation Services Manager - 09 8310070.
For further enquiries regarding Wellington position please contact Amado Torres, Rehabilitation Services Manager: 04 237 0128
This position requires NZ Psychology Board registration.
To apply for this role and submit you’re CV, please apply through link below: