- Varied role where no two days are the same
- Collaborative team with a flexible working environment
- Work with an organisation that has true impact on public safety
Come and join a highly collegial team in this vital, influential advisory role.
About the role
Reporting to the General Manager/Registrar, the Psychology Advisor is a pivotal role within the small team at the New Zealand Psychologists Board (NZPB). This role is the first point of contact for psychologists who want to discuss any matters causing concern relating to their profession. It also forms part of the Board’s Secretariat and provides advice and written reports to the Board.
Some of the areas you will be involved in include:
• Reviewing applications for registration from overseas psychologists
• Responding to notifications and determining the best course of action
• Providing advice on competence, fitness, and registration
• Preparing best practice guidelines and maintaining professional standards
• As a committee member - providing perspectives and advice
• Recruiting members for professional reviews
This role offers a great deal of variety with the opportunity to be part of and to influence all areas of the Board’s work.
You will have extensive experience as a psychologist and will be ready to use your professional skills and communication in a different way. You will be a natural problem solver with the ability to think critically. You will also have:
• At least 7yrs experience post-registration as a psychologist in New Zealand
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• The ability to critically analyse complex information
• A calm and considered approach towards sometimes complex issues
• A Board-prescribed qualification for registration in New Zealand
• Hold, or have held in the last 2yrs, a full, unconditional practising certificate
You will have strength in professional ethics and may also have experience in public policy, tikanga Māori, and/or law or statutory interpretations.
The NZPB is a well-respected organisation with the responsibility of being the regulatory authority for the profession of psychology. Our purpose is to ensure the health and safety of members of the public by providing systems and structures to ensure that psychologists are competent and fit to practise.
Our team is passionate, collaborative, and take pride in the work they do. We offer a flexible work environment, a wellness benefit, and a day off on your birthday!
We have partnered with Kin to fill this important role and applications will be reviewed as they come in. Please apply now with a CV and cover letter telling us a bit about you, and what you would bring to this role. For a confidential conversation please contact Tracey Fletcher on 022 015 0343 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please follow this link: https://kin.co.nz/jobs/job-listing/?id=890376