Join a monthly clinical consultation group led by Dr. Kerry Makin-Byrd*.
In each meeting, 2-3 therapists will present a clinical example for consultation. Via exercises and role plays, you’ll learn to identify common client stuck points and practice flexible, nimble clinical interventions.
- WHEN Beginning 28 April, 4 spaces left.
- Aotearoa Fourth Friday each month 12:05 PM - 12:55 PM NZT
- US Fourth Thursday 8 PM ET / 6 PM MT / 5 PM PT
- WHERE: Zoom
- Aotearoa $240 NZD for a 6 month commitment
- US $200 USD for a 6 month commitment
*LEADER BACKGROUND: Kerry has over a decade of experience teaching third-wave behavioural interventions including ACT and supervising therapists. Mentored by Dr. Robyn Walser, international ACT expert, for over a decade, Kerry continues to receive fortnightly master supervision on ACT, mindfulness, and trauma treatments.
ACT expertise is a journey, not a destination. Living ACT is a small weekly group of helpers practicing ACT in our personal lives. Supported by lessons, meditations, and writing prompts, you will exercise the ACT core competencies (Learning ACT, 2nd Ed.).
- complete a structured ACT intake,
- maintain contact with the present moment,
- develop willingness and acceptance in yourself and others,
- undermine cognitive fusion in yourself and others,
- define and clarify valued directions,
- and build patterns of committed action.
We meet for 10 weeks, late April to late June (4 spaces left).
- Aotearoa Wednesdays 12 - 1 PM NZT
- US Tuesdays 8 PM ET / 6 PM MT / 5 PM PT
- WHERE: Zoom
- Aotearoa $400 NZD for 10 week class
- US $300 USD for 10 week class
For more information go to https://drkerrymakinbyrd.com/services-therapist-trainings